The joint venture by Acteeum Group and Equilis Europe is the largest retail park opened this year in Poland. The inaugural ceremony of the 24,000 sq. m development was held on November 25. Great offers of popular international and Polish brands are now available to some 200,000 customers, who live within the catchment area.
Galeria Andrychów is located next to the national road 52 that links with the Czech Republic border-crossing in Cieszyn and Głogoczów near Kraków. The three new buildings house a total of 31 stores, including clothing, footwear and accessories, drugstores, electronics and household appliances, furniture stores, as well as a grocery supermarket and a DIY market.
The ribbon-cutting ceremony at Galeria Andrychów was attended by representatives of the local authorities, investors, the general contractor, the property manager, and retail tenants.
– I hope that Galeria Andrychów will become our commercial showpiece. There is no need to convince anyone how important trade and services are for the growth of the city and its surroundings – it means new jobs and future investment opportunities. Some 30 years ago, Andrychów was a typical industrial town, but it is now becoming a place with tourist attractions, services, and now also retail.
– said Tomasz Żak, Mayor of Andrychów, during the opening ceremony.
– We have created a convenient destination for shopping, available at your fingertips, meeting the daily needs of the city residents and the region. I would like to thank all those involved in this project, in particular our partners from the Acteeum Group and tenants. In times when the retail industry must deal with numerous adversities, a day like today takes on a special dimension.
– said Monika Woźniak-Zawioła, Head of Retail at Equilis Europe.
– We are proud to deliver the very first retail park in Andrychów, and the second successfully completed together with Equilis. We would like to thank the authorities for their kind support and professional investor services. The potential of Galeria Andrychów is evidenced by the fact that 100% of its space is leased. It is the true shopping heart of Andrychów and its vicinity.
– added Tomasz Szewczyk, Managing Partner of Acteeum Group.
– We are pleased to participate in the official opening of Galeria Andrychów. I am glad that we had the opportunity to build the largest retail park in Poland, put into operation this year, and I hope that the investment will bring you a lot of satisfaction. Thank you once again for cooperation to all our partners. Thanks to you, we had built a new shopping destination.
– said Joanna Makowiecka-Gatza, President of the Management Board of KARMAR S.A. – the general contractor of Galeria Andrychów.
The stores that opened on November 25 include: Smyk, House, Cropp, CCC, Pepco, Deichmann, KIK, jewellery store, Vision Express, Diverse, Sinsay, 4F, Dealz, Interoptyk, Tedi, Media Expert and KS SPORT. More openings are planned in the upcoming weeks, including a Lidl supermarket, HEBE, Rossmann, Greenpoint, Martes Sport, Komfort, Q&Q, 50 Style, TXM, Orange, Jysk, Leroy Merlin, Empik and an exchange office.
Property management company MVGM is responsible for supervising Galeria Andrychów’s day-to-day operations.
* * *
EQUILIS, established by Carl Mestdagh in 2006, covers all aspects and works of real estate development. It has diversified its activities and expanded its portfolio to cover the European market. Equilis has offices in Belgium, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, and Germany. The firm develops and completes demanding projects in a broad spectrum – from commercial and residential real estate to offices, brownfield recovery, senior citizen or student housing, recreational facilities, parking spaces, cultural and public spaces. Altogether EQUILIS has built 314,651 m² (retail, office) and 1,542 residential units. Currently a further 137,144 m² and 3,344 residential units are under development.
You will find more information about EQUILIS and its projects under www.equilis.net
Acteeum Group is a privately owned international company operating on the commercial and residential real estate market in Poland, undertaking the entire development process, starting from selecting suitable plots for development through the stage of design, construction, commercialization, management, and sale of facilities.
The Acteeum approach to projects is based on extensive experience and knowledge of the polish market and the development process. The company is a business partner of large institutional companies, including CBRE Global Investors, Immofinanz, NepiRockcastle, BPI, Equilis as well as private investors. Acteeum focuses on the development of large-scale retail facilities and residential projects. Acteeum’s projects in recent years amount to approx. 270,000 sq m GLA of commercial properties, including over 800 stores and retail premises, as well as over 700 apartments totalling over 70,000 sq m. of residential usable area. Acteeum manages a land portfolio and negotiates the purchase of further plots for the construction of shopping centres, retail parks, residential developments as well as mixed schemes. Further information about Acteeum and its projects at: www.acteeum.pl
KARMAR was established in 1991 in Warsaw. Since 2007 the company is a part of Bouygues Construction. During over 25 years of its activity KARMAR successfully implements cubature, infrastructure and industrial facilities throughout Poland. As a member of Bouygues Entreprises France – Europe, operating in the European structures of international corporations, we have specialist knowledge and the access to the latest technological solutions backed by the rich experience of the group, which consists of hundreds of major projects implemented around the world. Thanks to the state-of-an-art know-how, we constantly improve the quality of our services. We provide global quality services and most innovative solutions at a local price to our clients from public and private sectors. Being a company with Polish roots, we rely on cooperation with local suppliers and subcontractors. Acquisition of Linkcity Poland S.A. allowed us to develop our activity on the Property Development market, where we successfully implement both public and commercial projects, ensuring that relations with our partners are based on mutual trust and respect.
MVGM is an authority in real estate, the largest property manager in the Netherlands and top tier property manager in Europe. MVGM has specialized teams in the area of property management in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, Poland, Slovakia, Romania and Czech Republic and Dutch teams specialized in real estate valuations, commercial brokerage and international advisory with focus on Dutch real estate. Together with a number of MVGM subsidiaries and allied companies we bundle knowledge and skills and offer our customers fully integrated services with international experience and knowledge of the local market.